[RECIPE] Soaked chia seed protein breakfast
Soaked chia seeds are a versatile base on which to build an exciting range of breakfast bowls. Soaking is a great way to unlock additional nutritional value from these nutrient-dense ingredients because it activates the mucilage (a soluble fibre), which reduces the seeds’ phytic acid content and makes other nutrients more bioavailable. Ingredients ¼ cup […]
Soaked chia seeds are a flexible base on which to construct an thrilling vary of breakfast bowls.
Soaking is an effective way to unlock further dietary worth from these nutrient-dense components as a result of it prompts the mucilage (a soluble fibre), which reduces the seeds’ phytic acid content material and makes different vitamins extra bioavailable.
- ¼ cup of chia seeds
- 1 ½ cups of almond milk
- 1 serving protein powder, chocolate flavour
- 1 tbsp combined nuts, unsalted
- ¼ cup blueberries
The soaking course of makes the chia seeds swell as a result of the mucilage absorbs the liquid. The delicate, chewy seeds makes it simpler on your physique to digest and take in helpful proteins, fat and carbohydrates.
- Soak the chia seeds in 1 cup of almond milk for at the least 20-Half-hour, or till they develop a chewy, pudding-like texture.
- As soon as soaked to desired consistency, add the protein powder and remaining almond milk to create a porridge-like texture.
- High with nuts and blueberries and serve.
- You possibly can maintain soaked chia seeds within the fridge for as much as 5 days, which makes them an amazing ingredient to make in batches for a number of handy breakfast choices throughout the week, or as a porridge combined together with your favorite plant protein flavour.
Bonus tip: Soaked chia seeds are a really perfect substitute for eggs in varied vegan recipes.