Snacks or after-meal treats don't must be bland and tasteless when following a health-conscious consuming plan.
These Peanut Butter Oat Cookies from Life in the South embody healthful vegan-friendly components and minimal sugar for a more healthy possibility for work or college lunchboxes.
- 1 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- 1 cups rolled oats blended into flour
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ⅓ cup soy milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups brown sugar
Coconut flour is a wealthy supply of fibre, protein and wholesome fat. It is a perfect alternative to sophisticated flour because it doesn't include any wheat or grains. It additionally has a low GI.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Place the oat flour, coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
- Whisk collectively the melted coconut oil, peanut butter, soy milk, vanilla extract, and sugar.
- Pour the moist components into the dry till you might have a easy batter. Use an ice cream scoop to scoop out the cookies. Add the large dairy-free chocolate on prime, place on a parchment-lined baking tray, and bake for 12-Quarter-hour till golden.
- Serve and luxuriate in!
Rolled oats have a decrease glycaemic index than the processed immediate selection. This means a sustained launch of vitality all through your morning, as an alternative of these horrible blood sugar spikes that depart you drained by mid-morning.
Preparation time: Quarter-hour
Cook time: 12-Quarter-hour
Recipe by Mariza Ebersohn from Life within the South