One want solely see Nabil Lahlou raise as soon as to confirm why he’s the so-called “French Phenom,” per his Instagram bio. The 23-year-old powerlifter is a prolific competitor, and his newest demonstration of energy was a doozy.
On Oct. 22, 2022, Lahlou shared an Instagram clip of himself capturing a 362.9-kilogram (800-pound) uncooked deadlift throughout a coaching session. According to Open Powerlifting, the feat is a private document (PR) for Lahlou by 44.9 kilograms (99 kilos). It’s a major and fast soar ahead for Lahlou, who beforehand pulled 317.9 kilograms (701 kilos) throughout the 2022 United States Powerlifting Association (USPA) Drug-Tested The Good Guys UN Invitational. (Note: That meet was roughly solely two weeks earlier.) The athlete wore a lifting belt and utilized lifting straps to assist with this newest achievement.
[Related: 11 Loaded Carry Variations Worth Trying]
For Lahlou, the 800-pound deadlift is perhaps much more spectacular, contemplating his physique composition.
Per Lahlou’s Instagram submit, the athlete weighed 163 kilos (73.9 kilograms) on the time of his raise. That means his large pull was 4.9 instances his physique weight. Factor in Lahlou apparently not even planning to deadlift earlier than he was “feeling the warm-ups,” and this milestone resembles one thing fairly eye-opening for a younger star powerlifter.
Here’s an outline of Lahlou’s all-time uncooked competitors bests:
Nabil Lahlou | All-Time Raw Competition Bests
- Squat — 237.5 kilograms (523.6 kilos)
- Bench Press — 130 kilograms (286.6 kilos)
- Deadlift — 317.9 kilograms (701 kilos)
- Total — 678 kilograms (1,494.7 kilos)
In phrases of his total resume, Lahlou doesn’t have many blemishes. Since he started aggressive powerlifting in November 2020, there have been simply three situations in Lahlou’s profession the place he hasn’t completed with an outright victory.
Here’s a rundown of a number of the extra notable outcomes of Lahlou’s profession:
Nabil Lahlou | Notable Career Results
- 2020 USPA Drug-Tested NOVA Fall Classic (Juniors 20-23/Raw) — First place
- 2021 USPA Drug-Tested PWRBLD Gym March Madness Powerlifting Meet (Juniors 20-23/Raw) — First place
- 2021 USPA Drug-Tested District Championships (Juniors 20-23/Raw) — First place
- 2021 World Raw Powerlifting Federation (WRPF) Drug-Tested Nationals (Juniors 20-23/Raw) — First place
- 2021 USPA Kentucky State Championships (Open/Raw) — First place
- 2021 USPA Beast of the East (Open/Raw) — First place
- 2022 USA Powerlifting (USAPL) Got Em’ Mustache Classic (Juniors/Open/Raw) — First place
- 2022 USPA Drug-Tested The Good Guys UN Invitational (Open/Raw) — First place
Lahlou has participated as a 67.5-kilogram competitor for the reason that 2022 USPA Drug Tested King of the Cave in June 2022. This was his weight class for a lot of his profession earlier than a shift to the 75-kilogram class from December 2021 to June 2022. At the time of this writing, it isn't clear if he plans to make a transition again to this division or one other.
[Related: Forced Reps — What They are and How to Use Them]
When Lahlou competes subsequent is unsure. However, ought to he return to the 75-kilogram weight class whereas notching this deadlift in stated subsequent contest, it might break the present World Record of 362.4 kilograms (799.1 kilos) held by Adlet Moldagaliev. Such a staggering mark would act as an ideal notch within the belt for this “phenom.”
Featured picture: @kinng_67 on Instagram