At simply 22-years-old, powerlifter Jordanne Panton has constructed up fairly the ledger of accomplishments. It’s her functionality along with her deadlift that maybe attracts essentially the most acclaim.
On May 18, 2022, Panton (67.5KG) shared footage of herself deadlifting 235 kilograms (518 kilos) throughout a coaching session. Even if it’s unofficial as a result of it occurred exterior of a sanctioned competitors, Panton’s pull is 2 kilograms (4.4 kilos) heavier than the present USA Powerlifting (USAPL) Junior Record of 233 kilograms (513.6 kilos). Notably, Panton additionally holds that mark when she achieved the pull on the 2022 USAPL Arnold Pioneer Belt Pro Deadlift.
Panton accomplished this deadlift utilizing a sumo stance — which is authorized in powerlifting — and wore only a lifting belt.
[Related: Learn How To Build Strength With Three Key Principles]
Panton at a Glance
While she’s one of many sport’s top-rising names now, Panton has been a aggressive powerlifter for practically a decade. She was 14-years-old through the 2013 USAPL Badger Open — her first-ever profession competitors. In 24 profession meets, she has logged a first-place consequence 18 occasions for a win price of 75 %.
Here’s a rundown of a few of Panton’s extra notable outcomes from her powerlifting profession to this point:
Jordanne Panton | Notable Career Results
- 2015 United Powerlifting Association (UPA) Powerlifting National Championship (W/Wraps) — First place
- 2016 USAPL High School Nationals (Single) — First place
- 2016 International Powerlifting Federation (IPF) World Sub-Juniors & Juniors Powerlifting Championships (Single) — Second place
- 2017 North American Powerlifting Federation (NAPF) Arnold Slingshot Pro American (Single) — First place
- 2018 USAPL Wisconsin Open State Championships (Single) — First place
- 2018 USAPL Collegiate Nationals (Single) — First place
- 2018 IPF World Sub-Juniors & Juniors Powerlifting Championships (Single) — Second place
- 2019 USAPL Raw Nationals (Raw) — First place
- 2020 USAPL Midwest Primetime (Raw) — First place
- 2021 USAPL Europa Dallas Showdown (Raw) — First place
- 2022 USAPL Arnold Pioneer Belt Pro Deadlift (Raw) — First place | Deadlift solely
In addition to her official marks, Panton has made noise along with her deadlifts in coaching earlier than. When the powerlifter pulled 220 kilograms (485 kilos) in February 2020, that exceeded the then-IPF Juniors World Record by 25 kilograms (55.1 kilos).
Including her unbelievable deadlift, listed here are Panton’s all-time competitors bests on every carry:
Jordanne Panton | Top Lift Stats
- Squat — 162.5 kilograms (358.2 kilos) | Raw
- Bench Press — 90 kilograms (198.4 kilos) | Raw
- Deadlift — 233 kilograms (513.6 kilos) | Raw | USAPL 67.5KG Junior World Record
- Total — 480 kilograms (1,058.2 kilos) | Raw
[Related: Powerlifter Nicolaas Du Preez (125KG) Logs 1037.5-Kilogram (2,287.3-Pound) Total For New PR]
After her unofficial document pull, Panton will compete on the 2022 USAPL Mega Nationals. Those will happen on June 7-12, 2022, in Las Vegas, NV. With one other meet on the horizon, Panton has populated her Instagram feed with many alternative clips of her coaching her squat, bench press, and deadlift as she ramps up her preparation.
Provided Panton can switch over her current deadlift prowess to the competitors, she might break the 67.5-kilogram USAPL Juniors Record in Nevada once more.
Featured picture: @jordannepanton on Instagram