Strength and HIIT Workouts
Cardio and energy coaching collide on this 30-Minute Circuit Training Workout! This full physique exercise at dwelling makes use of only a set of dumbbells to construct energy and enhance your cardiovascular endurance. From higher physique energy to decrease physique energy, core conditioning and cardio, we’ll hit all of it.
We’re again with one other difficult Minnesota Beef Council, circuit exercise! You LOVE seeing our farmer associates in these energy and HIIT exercises, and so they’re a few of our most intense exercises.
Today’s full physique circuit exercise hits all of it — seize your dumbbells and prepare to construct energy and take a look at your cardiovascular endurance!
Circuit Training FAQs
Circuit Training is a exercise format that alternates between a number of full physique workouts with minimal relaxation between workouts. This format maximizes effectivity by alternating workouts that focus on totally different muscle teams. We’re capable of transfer rapidly by every circuit with minimal relaxation time (whereas nonetheless sustaining correct type and difficult weights) as a result of as quickly because the muscle begins to fatigue, we transfer on to a special muscle group. This additionally retains your coronary heart fee excessive all through the exercise.
Circuit coaching has nice advantages like: elevated muscle tone and definition, elevated cardiovascular health and it helps keep away from health plateaus and tedium. You get a complete physique exercise AND get to isolate totally different muscle teams inside every circuit. And the exercise by no means will get simpler in the event you hold striving for heavier dumbbells. You can toggle between totally different weights throughout circuits, utilizing heavier weights for the decrease physique workouts and lighter dumbbells for smaller muscle teams just like the triceps and shoulders.
30-Minute Circuit Workout
Follow alongside as we work by three circuits. Each circuit consists of 4 workouts focusing on the arms, legs, abs and cardiovascular endurance.
Add this circuit exercise to your dwelling exercise plan 1-2 instances per week to construct and preserve complete physique energy.
Medium-to-Heavy Set of Dumbbells.
I counsel 8-20 lb dumbbells. I’m utilizing 12 lb dumbbells on this exercise video, but when I had been doing this exercise at dwelling I’d toggle between 12 and 15 lbs.
Follow together with the guided Circuit Workout on YouTube, led by licensed private coach, Lindsey Bomgren.
Your Workout Looks Like This:
- 3 Circuits (4 workouts per circuit)
- Timed Intervals (45 seconds of labor, 15 seconds relaxation for the energy workouts; 30 seconds of labor, 30 seconds relaxation for the cardio workouts; full as many repetitions as you possibly can within the timed interval)
- Repeat Each Circuit x2 Sets
- Upright Row and Row to Overhead Shoulder Press
- 2-Pulse Squat Thruster
- Plank and Dumbbell Open to T
- Burpee and Dumbbell Pick Up
- 4 Reverse Grip Back Rows and 4 Bicep Curls
- Curtsy Lunge and Bicep Curl and Squat
- Dumbbell Pullover and Alternating Leg Lower
- 3 Skaters and 1 Single Leg Bound
- Push Up and Straight Arm Tricep Kickback
- Pass Through Lunges
- Hollow Rock Scissor Chops
- Single Leg Lunge Drops
12 Exercises in a Circuit Training Workout
Upright Row and Row to Overhead Shoulder Press
Targets: Back, shoulder muscle groups and core.
How To Do An Upright Row and Row to Overhead Shoulder Press
- Stand with ft hip-width aside, holding a pair of dumbbells, palms going through in in direction of your physique.
- With management, pull your elbows up in direction of your shoulders, gliding the dumbbells up your physique. This is an upright row.
- With management, decrease the dumbbells again to the beginning place.
- The repeat for a second upright row. At the highest of the second row, flip the palms so that they’re now going through out away from you.
- Then carry out an overhead shoulder press by urgent the dumbbells straight overhead.
- Lower the dumbbells all the way down to your shoulders with management, flip the palms so that they’re going through in in direction of your physique once more, and decrease the dumbbells all the best way again all the way down to the beginning place.
2-Pulse Squat Thruster
Targets: Legs, glutes, hamstrings, quads, hips, shoulders, abs and core.
Squat thrusters are a great way to lift your coronary heart fee.
How To Do A 2-Pulse Squat Thruster
- Start standing, ft hip-width aside, knees barely bent. Hold one dumbbell in every hand at your shoulders (front-rack place, overhand grip, palms going through in).
- With your weight in your heels, step your proper foot out so ft at the moment are shoulder-width distance aside. As you achieve this, sit your hips again to decrease right into a squat, striving for a 90-degree angle between your hips and knees.
- At the underside of your squat, pulse up an inch and down an inch for a two-count.
- Then, drive by your heels, squeezing your glutes to face tall. As you stand, carry the correct foot again in to fulfill the left foot whereas performing a squat thruster, urgent the dumbbells straight overhead.
- Bring the weights again all the way down to shoulder top and repeat the sequence, stepping the correct foot out for the complete timed interval. Switch the leg that steps out on the subsequent set.
Modification: Option to omit the overhead press. You may omit the entrance rack and hold the dumbbells at your sides.
Plank and Dumbbell Open to T
Targets: The complete core with an emphasis on the obliques. Your chest, shoulders and arms are additionally engaged.
Your core stabilizes your hips as you pull the dumbbell overhead.
How To Do A Plank and Dumbbell Open to T
- Center your dumbbell on the mat between your fingers. Start in excessive plank place, sustaining a straight line along with your physique, gaze barely in entrance of you.
- Hold plank and seize the dumbbell along with your proper hand. Flex your core and open right into a aspect plank as you pull the dumbbell overhead along with your proper hand. Hold this place for a second as your physique mimics a sideways “T” form. Hips excessive and obliques turned on.
- With management, return the dumbbell again to the mat as you come back to the beginning place.
- Repeat, alternating the hand that grabs the dumbbell and pulls overhead.
Modification: Perform the excessive plank out of your knees and carry out the aspect plank along with your knee on the mat. Option to do that as a body weight ab train as an alternative of a weighted ab train.
Burpee and Dumbbell Pick Up
Targets: Legs, glutes, quads, hamstrings, calves, shoulders, chest, triceps, abs and core muscle groups.
How To Do A Burpee and Dumbbell Pick Up
- Center your dumbbell between your ft and begin in a low squat place, ft hip-width aside, knees driving out in direction of toes, aiming to get your thighs parallel to the bottom. Hold for a second, then plant your fingers on the mat and hop again to a excessive plank place, fingers are framing your dumbbell.
- Hold excessive plank, shoulders over wrists, core engaged, tailbone tucked. Hold for only a second.
- Hop your ft as much as meet your fingers (touchdown in a low squat place). As you land in a low squat, seize the dumbbell. Then, explode up (choice to leap) as you pull the dumbbell up alongside your physique as if performing a deadlift.
- Land softly in a low squat place, set the dumbbell again on the bottom and repeat.
Modification: Option to omit the dumbbell decide up. Take this at your tempo – you may make this low influence by stepping in and standing tall moderately than leaping.
4 Reverse Grip Back Rows and 4 Bicep Curls
Targets: The decrease again and higher again (particularly the lats and rhomboids) in addition to the bicep muscle groups.
How To Do 4 Reverse Grip Back Rows and 4 Bicep Curls
- Stand along with your ft shoulder-width aside, knees barely bent. Grip a pair of dumbbells in your fingers, palms going through out (reverse grip).
- Hinge on the hips till your chest is parallel to the ground.
- Pull the dumbbells again in direction of your hips, performing a bent over row. Feel your shoulder blades squeeze collectively.
- With management, slowly decrease the dumbbells again to beginning place. Repeat for 4 reverse grip again rows.
- Then, stand tall and squeeze your bicep muscle groups to curve the weights as much as shoulder-height as you exhale, performing an ordinary bicep curl. Repeat for 4 bicep curls.
Curtsy Lunge and Bicep Curl and Squat
Targets: Legs, glutes, quads, hamstrings, biceps and core.
How To Do A Curtsy Lunge and Bicep Curl and Squat
- Start standing, ft shoulder-width aside, knees barely bent. Hold a set of dumbbells in your fingers, palms going through in in direction of your physique.
- Step your left leg again right into a curtsy lunge (left knee behind proper calf), left knee lowers in direction of the mat. Lower your hips till each knees attain a 90-degree angle, entrance thigh parallel to the ground.
- At the underside of the curtsy lunge, carry out an ordinary bicep curl by flipping the palms out so that they’re going through away from you, then curling the weights as much as shoulder top with management.
- Slowly decrease the weights again down, then squeeze your proper glute, driving your again, left leg ahead as you get up. As you stand, carry your ft parallel and shoulder-width aside.
- Then, decrease down right into a squat place, reducing your hips down parallel along with your knees. Drive your knees out towards your outer three toes.
- Drive by your heels to face tall, squeezing your glutes.
- That’s one rep. Repeat, stepping the left leg again right into a curtsy lunge this complete set. Switch legs on the subsequent set.
Modification: Option to omit the bicep curl.
Dumbbell Pullover and Alternating Leg Lower
Targets: The lats (latissimus dorsi), decrease abs, pelvic ground and deep transverse stomach abs.
How To Do A Dumbbell Pullover and Alternating Leg Lower
- Lay flat in your again, holding one or two dumbbells in your fingers with arms prolonged overhead (one dumbbell horizontally or two dumbbells vertically).
- Extend your legs straight up so that they’re parallel along with your arms, slight bend within the knees, ft are flexed.
- With a slight bend within the elbows, slowly decrease the dumbbells overhead in direction of the bottom. Range of movement will look totally different for everybody, however it's best to attempt to hold your low again pressed into the mat/floor.
- As you decrease the dumbbells in direction of the bottom, hold your low again pressed into the mat and brace your core as you slowly decrease your proper heel in direction of the mat.
- Engage the lats as you exhale and pull the dumbbells again overhead, elevating the correct foot again as much as meet the left foot as properly. Think of pulling your armpits down in direction of your hips to return again to the beginning place.
- Repeat, alternating the leg that lowers to the bottom.
3 Skaters and 1 Single Leg Bound
Targets: Legs, glutes (outer gluteus medius), quads, hamstrings, hips, calves and core.
How To Do 3 Skaters and 1 Single Leg Bound
- Start standing in an athletic stance, ft hip-distance aside, knees barely bent, core engaged.
- Push off your proper foot to certain laterally to the left, touchdown in a loaded skater place in your left foot. Left knee bent, proper leg monitoring behind your left foot in a skater place.
- Then, drive off your planted left foot to certain laterally again to the correct. Landing softly in your proper foot. Right knee bent, left leg monitoring behind your proper foot a skater place.
- Push off your proper foot to certain laterally to the left as soon as extra, touchdown in a loaded skater place on the left foot.
- Then carry out a single leg certain on the left foot, exploding off the left foot as excessive as you possibly can.
- Land softly with management and repeat, alternating the skaters and the leg that performs the certain.
Modification: Option to make this low influence. You can omit the one leg certain and as an alternative carry out a knee drive.
Push Up and Straight Arm Tricep Kickback
Targets: Chest, shoulders, triceps, again, abs and core muscle groups.
How To Do A Push Up and Straight Arm Tricep Kickback
- Start in a excessive plank place, inserting your fingers on a set of weights. Pull your kneecaps up in direction of your stomach, ft hip-width aside.
- Hold this plank place, sustaining a straight line along with your physique, gaze barely in entrance of you.
- Slowly decrease your chest down in direction of the bottom as your elbows fall again in direction of your hips (not out to the edges).
- Once on the backside of your push up, exhale as you push again up into excessive plank place.
- At the highest of the excessive plank, carry out a straight arm tricep kickback by pulling the dumbbell in your proper hand again towards your hip.
- With management, decrease the dumbbell again to the bottom and repeat the sequence, alternating the arm that performs the tricep kickback.
Modification: Option to take the push up out of your knees, popping to the toes for the tricep kickback.
Pass Through Lunges
Targets: Legs, hamstrings, quads, glutes, abs and core.
How To Do Pass Through Lunges
- Start standing, ft shoulder-width aside, knees barely bent. Hold a pair of dumbbells in your fingers, palms going through in in direction of your physique.
- Step your proper leg again right into a reverse lunge, reducing your hips till each knees attain a 90-degree angle, entrance thigh parallel to the bottom.
- Then squeeze your left leg glute, driving your again, proper leg ahead to face tall.
- As you achieve this, “pass through” and instantly carry out a entrance lunge by stepping the correct leg ahead, reducing your hips till each knees attain a 90-degree angle, entrance thigh parallel to the bottom.
- Then, drive off the entrance proper heel to face tall and repeat the motion of reverse lunge right into a entrance lunge.
Hollow Rock Scissor Chops
Targets: Upper abs, decrease abs, obliques, transverse stomach (deep core muscle groups beneath your rectus stomach or six pack ab muscle groups) and hips.
How To Do Hollow Rock Scissor Chops
- Start mendacity in your again along with your legs straight. Engage your core and press your low again into the mat. Arms are at your sides.
- Contract your abs by pulling your hip bones collectively to activate your transverse stomach muscle groups. Then raise each legs off the mat (legs straight). This is your “hollow rock” place.
- From this hole rock place, carry out alternating scissor chops, pulling the correct leg in direction of the face as you ship the left leg in direction of the mat.
- Quickly reverse the motion repeatedly so your legs are transferring forwards and backwards rapidly all through the timed interval. Keep your low again pressed into the mat the complete time.
Single Leg Lunge Drops
Targets: Legs, glutes, quads, hips, hamstrings, calves and core.
How To Do Single Leg Lunge Drops
- Start standing ft hip-distance aside, slight bend in your knees and core engaged.
- Jump your proper foot again right into a reverse lunge, aiming for 90-degree angles in every knee.
- Then, carry out a “lunge jump” by exploding up from the cut up lunge place, bringing each ft collectively as you stand tall.
- This is one rep. Repeat, “dropping” or leaping the correct foot again right into a reverse lunge place for the complete set.
Pin this 30-Minute Circuit Training Workout
This put up contains affiliate hyperlinks. I do earn a fee for merchandise bought utilizing these hyperlinks (at no further value to you). Thank you for supporting Nourish Move Love, making the content material you see on this weblog attainable.