This HIIT coaching exercise is designed to check your muscular endurance to construct energy, and lift your coronary heart charge to burn energy. Get all the advantages of HIIT coaching with weights on this 35-minute whole physique exercise at dwelling.
Jump to Total Body HIIT Training Workout Outline
You cherished the Full Body HIIT Workout in week one in every of this HIITStrong 35 whole physique exercise plan at dwelling. So we're again with the identical format for week two, however with ALL NEW MOVES:
- 9 Total Body HIIT Exercises
- 40 Second Work Periods to Shorter 20 Second Rest Periods
- Repeat X 2 Sets
- Plus a 4-Minute AMRAP Total Body Burnout
We saved the toughest exercise for the top. Personally, I believe that is essentially the most difficult whole physique exercise in our HIITStrong 35: HIIT Workout Plan.
This whole physique HIIT exercise for ladies is pure hearth and can problem you to coach like an athlete at dwelling.
What is HIIT Training?
High depth interval coaching (HIIT Training) combines quick bursts of intense train (high-intensity train) with quick intervals of relaxation (or low-intensity train).
The targets is to boost your coronary heart charge to a minimum of 80 p.c of its most capability (you may calculate your private max coronary heart charge right here) for a brief interval of time.
This isn't reasonable depth or regular state cardio you may speak by means of. Rather, suppose max effort body weight squat jumps, burpees, sprints, or kettlebell swings for 30-60 seconds; adopted by 10-60 seconds of relaxation and restoration.
What are the Health Benefits of HIIT Training?
HIIT coaching is nice for weight reduction, however trainers use HIIT coaching for different well being advantages as effectively:
- Burn main energy in a brief period of time.
- Gain muscle by including weights to your HIIT exercises.
- Reduce coronary heart charge and blood strain (bettering oxygen and blood move).
- Improve anaerobic and cardio efficiency (which improves your general athletic efficiency and cardiovascular endurance).
- Weight loss (your metabolic charge stays excessive for hours after HIIT train; rising your metabolism so that you proceed to burn energy for hours after your HIIT exercise; nice for fats loss).
HIIT exercises are an environment friendly whole physique exercise at dwelling. Give your most effort for a brief time frame and see outcomes; in simply half-hour a day.
35-Minute Total Body HIIT Training with Weights
Strength and HIIT collide in these 9 whole physique workouts you are able to do at dwelling with dumbbells.
These are massive, compound workouts. But you solely should do every HIIT train twice, so seize your heavy weights.
And be ready for the 4-minute AMRAP finisher on the finish; it’s a complete physique exercise problem (that may go away you palms on knees).
I counsel including this HIIT routine to your weekly health schedule as soon as per week.
A medium-to-heavy set of dumbbells.
I like to recommend 8-30 lbs relying in your health degree. I’m utilizing 15 and 20 lb dumbbells on this exercise.
The Goal: The final 2-3 reps of every train ought to really feel difficult to finish; meaning you selected the fitting weights.
Click right here to comply with together with the Total Body HIIT Training Workout video on the high of this submit.
I’ll coach you thru all the exercise, maintaining observe of the timed intervals, offering train kind cues and modifications.
Alternatively, work by means of the HIIT workouts under at your personal tempo.
The exercise format:
- 9 Total Body Exercises, repeat all 9 workouts x2 units.
- Timed Intervals of Work, 40 seconds of labor, adopted by 20 seconds of relaxation.
- 4-Minute AMRAP Finisher, repeating 4 HIIT workouts from the exercise as many rounds as attainable (AMRAP) in 4-minutes.
- HIIT Workout Includes 5-Minute Mobility Warm-Up and 5-Minute Cool Down Stretching
Total Body HIIT Workout At Home
9 Total Body HIIT Exercises
(40 seconds per transfer, adopted by 20 seconds relaxation X 2 units)
- Deadlift + Clean Squat
- 2 Single Arm Back Rows + Dumbbell Snatch, R/L
- Low Squat + Half Kneeling Arnold Press
- Split Squat Thruster, R/L
- Lateral Plank Walk + Push Up
- 180 Squat Jumps
- 3 Bicep Curls + Half Bicep Curl Hold + Squat
- Glute Bridge Hold + Side Chest Press + Dumbbell Pullover, R/L
- 3 Lateral High Knees + 1 Burpee
4-Minute Total Body AMRAP Finisher
(Perform 5 repetitions per train under; repeat as many rounds as attainable in 4-minutes)
- Deadlift + Clean Squat
- Single Arm Row Row + Dumbbell Snatch, R/L
- Split Lunge Thrusters, R/L
- Lateral High Knees + Burpee
9 Best HIIT Training Exercises with Weights
1. Deadlift + Clean Squat
Targets: Lower physique, glutes, hamstrings, hips, quads, calves, trapezius, deltoids, decrease again, abs and core.
This whole physique powerlifting train strengthens a number of main muscle teams in your physique.
How to do a Deadlift + Clean Squat:
- Start standing ft hip-distance aside and knees barely bent. Hold a dumbbell in every hand in entrance of your physique (overhand grip, palms face your thighs).
- Hinge ahead on the hips, pushing your hips again as you decrease the dumbbells down alongside the entrance of your physique. You ought to really feel a stretch behind your legs (hamstrings). Focus on maintaining your again in impartial alignment together with your neck and shoulders all through all the motion. Keep a slight bend in your knees to keep away from ‘locking out’ the joint.
- Drive by means of your heels to push your hips ahead, squeezing your glutes as you come to a standing place.
- As you press your hips ahead to face up, “clean” the dumbbells up in direction of your shoulders.
- Catch the dumbbells at your shoulders and maintain the weights in a entrance rack place as you bend your knees to decrease down right into a squat, pushing your knees out as you drop your hips parallel to your knees.
- Drive by means of the heels to face up, returning to the beginning place and repeat this sequence for 40 seconds.
Modification: Follow Rachel, on the left, and omit the clear portion of the motion. Rather carry out one deadlift and one squat; dumbbells stay at your sides all the time.
2. 2 Single Arm Back Rows + 1 Dumbbell Snatch
Targets: The again (trapezius, latissimus dorsi, and spinal erectors), shoulders (rotator cuff and deltoid), legs, glutes, hamstrings, hips and core.
How to do 2 Single Arm Back Rows + 1 Dumbbell Snatch:
- Start standing ft shoulder-width aside and knees bent. Holding one dumbbell in your proper hand.
- Hinge on the hips till your torso is parallel to the ground (neck in step with your backbone, flat again, and stomach button and rib cage pulled in).
- Perform a single arm row on the fitting arm. Pulling your proper elbow as much as meet your proper rib cage, whereas squeezing your again.
- Control the dumbbell again all the way down to the beginning place. Repeat for a second single arm row on the fitting facet.
- Then, in a single explosive motion, drive your hips ahead as you ‘snatch’ the dumbbell in your proper hand overhead (utilizing the momentum created by your legs and hips to energy the dumbbell overhead).
- Note, you shouldn’t wrestle to press the burden overhead, it must be a straightforward extension of the transfer, with nearly all of the work being performed by your legs to create momentum.
- With management decrease the dumbbell all the way down to the fitting shoulder, then return to the beginning place in a bent over row.
- Repeat this sequence for 40 seconds.
3. Low Squat + Half Kneeling Arnold Press
Targets: Legs, hamstrings, hip flexors, glutes, quads, shoulders, abs and core.
How to do a Low Squat + Half Kneeling Arnold Press:
- Start standing ft hip-distance aside, holding one dumbbell in your proper hand at shoulder top, palm going through in.
- Sit your hips again as you decrease right into a low squat, striving for a 90-degree angle between your hips and knees.
- Step your proper foot again right into a reverse lunge, setting your proper knee on the mat so that you’re in a half kneeling place.
- Then carry out an overhead press, pushing the burden in your proper hand straight overhead, locking out your elbow.
- With management, decrease the dumbbell again down.
- Then, step your proper leg again to discover a low squat place. As you achieve this, change the burden out of your proper hand to your left hand.
- Step your left foot again right into a reverse lunge, setting your left knee on the mat so that you’re in a half kneeling place.
- Then carry out an overhead press, pushing the burden in your left hand straight overhead, locking out your elbow.
- Repeat this sequence for 40 seconds.
4. Split Squat Thruster
Targets: Legs, glutes, hamstrings, quads, shoulders, abs and core.
How to do a Split Lunge Thruster:
- Start in a kneeling place, each knees on the mat. Front rack a set of dumbbells by holding them at shoulder top.
- Step your proper foot on the mat in entrance of you, leg bent at 90 levels, proper knee in step with proper hip.
- Drive by means of the fitting heel to face straight up, legs straight. As you stand, carry out a thruster by urgent each dumbbells overhead.
- Return the dumbbells to shoulder top and decrease again down till your again left knee is 1-2 inches off the mat. Feet keep planted all through the motion.
- Repeat for 40 seconds, switching legs on the following set.
Modification: Follow Rachel, on the left, and omit the overhead thruster. Option to carry the dumbbells in a entrance racked place at your shoulders or at your sides.
5. Lateral Plank Walk + Push Up
Targets: Upper physique, shoulders, chest, triceps, again abs and core.
How to do a Lateral Plank Walk + Push Up:
- Start in a excessive plank place on the left facet of your mat. Shoulders stacked over wrists, core engaged, making a straight line together with your physique from head to heels.
- Walk laterally to the fitting by stepping your proper hand and proper foot out, left hand and left foot to comply with.
- After you are taking one lateral plank stroll to the fitting, maintain the plank place and carry out a push up. Lower your chest down in direction of the bottom as your elbows fall again in direction of your hips (not out to the edges).
- Once on the backside of your push up, exhale as you push again up into excessive plank place.
- Then, carry out a lateral plank stroll to the left.
- Repeat this compound train for 40 seconds.
Modification: Follow Rachel, on the left, and carry out each the plank walks and push-ups out of your knees. Alternatively you may attempt to carry out the plank stroll out of your toes after which drop to your knees for the push up.
6. 180 Squat Jumps
Targets: Legs, glutes, quads, hips, hamstrings, calves and core.
Build decrease physique energy and energy whereas bettering your athletic efficiency with this HIIT train that takes you thru all planes of movement.
How to do a 180 Squat Jump:
- Place a dumbbell on either side of your mat, about two ft aside (you’ll use these as your ‘markers’) for this train.
- Start standing between the 2 dumbbells, ft hip-distance aside, knees bent in an athletic stance, prepared to maneuver.
- Perform 1 / 4 flip leap to the fitting so hips, knees and toes are going through the dumbbell on the fitting facet of your mat.
- Lower right into a squat to faucet the dumbbell on the fitting.
- Then explode up out of the squat, reaching each palms straight overhead as you carry out a 180 mid-air to face the dumbbell on the left facet of your mat.
- Land softly in a deep squat with hips, knees and toes going through the dumbbell on the left facet of your mat. Tap the dumbbell on the left together with your hand.
- Repeat these squat jumps with 180 rotations for 40 seconds.
Modification: Follow Rachel, on the left, and omit the squat leap with 180 rotation. Instead, carry out a body weight squat and attain overhead; choice to additionally add a calf increase. Alternate tapping reverse hand to reverse toe with every squat.
7. 3 Bicep Curls + Half Bicep Curl Hold + Squat
Targets: The lengthy (outer) head of the biceps, and the quick (interior) head of the biceps in addition to the legs, glutes, quads, hamstrings and core.
How to do 3 Bicep Curls + Half Bicep Curl Hold + Squat:
- Start with ft underneath hips, core engaged, holding one dumbbell in every hand at your sides, palms going through outward (underhand grip or supine curl).
- Keeping your elbows locked by your sides, and shoulders out of your ears with shoulder blades pulled down; squeeze your bicep muscle to curve the weights as much as shoulder-height as you exhale.
- With management, slowly decrease the dumbbells all the way down to your sides. Repeat for a complete of three bicep curls.
- After the third curl, decrease the dumbbells midway down and maintain them there. Arms bent at 90 levels.
- Then, carry out a squat by sitting your hips again, striving for a 90-degree angle between your hips and knees.
- Drive by means of the heels to face tall and decrease the dumbbells all the way in which again all the way down to return to the beginning place.
- Repeat this sequence for 40 seconds.
8. Glute Bridge Hold + Side Chest Press + Dumbbell Pullover
Targets: The gluteus maximus (massive glute muscular tissues), gluteus medius (facet butt muscular tissues or outer glute muscular tissues), gluteus minimus (hip extension), again (lats), chest (pecs), decrease again, abs, obliques and core.
How to do a Glute Bridge Hold + Side Chest Press + Dumbbell Pullover:
- Lie flat on the ground in your again together with your knees bent at 90 levels and ft flat on the bottom. Hold one dumbbell vertically at your chest.
- Press by means of your heels to raise your hips off the bottom till your knees, hips and shoulders kind a straight line. Squeeze the glutes and preserve your abs drawn in so that you don’t overextend your again through the train.
- As you raise your hips off the mat, press the dumbbell overhead; arms straight.
- Hold this glute bridge place as you drop your proper elbow to the mat to carry out a facet chest press.
- Exhale as you press the dumbbell to heart.
- Then, carry out a dumbbell pullover. Maintaining straight arms, with a slight bend within the elbows, slowly decrease the dumbbell overhead in direction of the bottom.
- Again exhale as you pull the dumbbell again overhead, participating the lats, to return again to the beginning place.
- Repeat the facet chest press on the fitting arm for this whole set, switching arms on the following set.
9. 3 Lateral High Knees + 1 Burpee
Targets: Total physique — legs, hip flexors, calves, arms, shoulders, again, abs and core.
This full physique HIIT train goals to construct muscle, energy and endurance in each your decrease and higher physique.
How to do 3 Lateral High Knees + 1 Burpee:
- Start standing on the fitting facet of your mat together with your ft shoulder-width aside.
- Lower into an athletic stance, knees bent, prepared to maneuver.
- Perform three excessive knees as you progress laterally to the left, driving your proper knee, then your left knee, then your proper knee once more. Core is engaged.
- After the third excessive knee, carry out a burpee by planting your palms on the mat and leaping your ft again to a excessive plank place. Immediately leap your ft again in and drive by means of the heels to face tall or leap up, arms overhead.
- Then repeat the three excessive knees, this time transferring laterally to the fitting.
- Repeat the three excessive knees to 1 burpee for 40 seconds.
Modification: Follow Rachel, on the left, and omit the lateral motion. Instead, carry out 3 static excessive knees or march in place. Then carry out a strolling burpee, stepping again into the burpee somewhat than leaping again.
A 2-week, excessive depth energy coaching program designed that will help you construct muscle, burn fats AND prepare like an athlete at dwelling!
If you appreciated this chest and again exercise at dwelling, obtain the FREE, 2-Week Full Body Workout Plan.
Pin this Total Body HIIT Training Workout (HIITStrong 35, DAY 10)