The greatest leg and shoulder exercise for ladies to construct power at residence! This EMOM exercise with dumbbells supersets a leg train with a shoulder train, adopted by compound higher physique and decrease physique train. Count your reps and work at your tempo.
Strength prepare two massive muscle teams on this environment friendly, 35-minute legs and shoulders exercise with weights.
A easy Google search will present you that almost all of leg and shoulder exercises are for males. BUT coaching shoulders and legs collectively is nice for ladies too.
Can You Train Legs And Shoulders On The Same Day?
Yes! If you’ve adopted me for some time, you realize that one in every of my favourite exercises is that this 30-Minute Legs and Back Workout. I LOVE to coach two massive muscle teams on the identical day as a result of:
- It’s EFFICIENT! Maximize muscle-building and calorie burn by coaching two massive muscle teams collectively.
- It helps keep a robust CORE. Improve core stability, power and total-body operate with these highly effective compound workout routines.
- You can prepare these muscle teams extra FREQUENTLY. Lower physique exercises are a few of my favorites, particularly after I need to carry heavy. You can enhance your weight load and enhance the frequency of a leg day exercise in the event you pair it with one other muscle group whereas nonetheless permitting correct restoration time all through the week.
What Is An EMOM Workout?
EMOM stands for ‘Every Minute on the Minute’.
An EMOM exercise is a rep-based exercise format that requires you to carry out the allotted variety of repetitions inside 60 seconds or one minute of labor.
After finishing the required reps, you relaxation for the rest of the minute earlier than shifting onto the subsequent train.
Leg and Shoulder Workout FAQs
YES! Training these two muscle teams on the identical day saves time and is an environment friendly strategy to prepare. It additionally means that you can prepare shoulders and legs greater than as soon as in the identical week because you don’t usually pair these muscle teams collectively. Lift heavy and get after these power positive factors.
Some of one of the best leg and shoulder exercise routines for power contain compound workout routines that work each muscle teams on the similar time. For instance, a squat thruster or dumbbell shoulder press works each the leg muscular tissues and shoulder muscular tissues concurrently.
EMOM exercises are a really efficient type of coaching! They are an environment friendly strategy to construct muscle, power and endurance in a brief time frame (half-hour). EMOM exercises enhance your health capability as they power you to push your rep-pace throughout the work time and train your physique to get well rapidly with restricted relaxation time.
35-Minute Leg and Shoulder Workout
Build robust leg and shoulder muscular tissues with this LEG AND SHOULDER EMOM WORKOUT!
Whether you do that exercise at residence or the health club, all you want is a set of dumbbells and 35 minutes.
This is an EMOM exercise – that means you full the designated variety of reps per train in a single minute. Push your tempo throughout the work intervals so you will have satisfactory time to get well between workout routines.
Add this shoulder and leg exercise to your weekly coaching routine as soon as per week to enhance total athletic efficiency and assist wholesome motion patterns in your every day life.
Medium to heavy set of dumbbells.
We’re utilizing 10, 15 and 20 lb dumbbells on this leg and shoulder exercise for ladies.
Follow together with the guided Leg and Shoulder Workout on YouTube, led by private coach Lindsey Bomgren.
Your Workout Looks Like This:
- 4 Circuits (every circuit has three workout routines: a leg train, a shoulder train and a compound leg and shoulder train)
- EMOM Format (‘Every Minute On the Minute’. You full the designated variety of reps per train in a single minute. Once you full the reps, relaxation for the rest of the minute.)
- Repeat Each EMOM Circuit X 2 Sets (every circuit can be a 6-minute EMOM)
Leg and Shoulder Workout At Home (EMOM Workout with Dumbbells)
CIRCUIT ONE (Repeat x2)
1. Alternating Squat Thruster (16 reps)
2. Push Press (25 reps)
3. Squat + Overhead Press and Dumbbell Pass (12 reps)
CIRCUIT TWO (Repeat x2)
1. Alternating Reverse Lunge + Overhead Hold, R/L (16 reps)
2. 45-Degree Dumbbell Press (25 reps)
3. Lunge Jump + 45-Degree Dumbbell Press (12 reps)
CIRCUIT THREE (Repeat x2)
1. Staggered Deadlift + Snatch, R/L (8 reps)
2. Uneven Push Up + Shoulder Tap, R/L (12 reps)
3. Push Up + Burpee Deadlift (8 reps)
CIRCUIT FOUR (Repeat x2)
1. Lateral Lunge, R/L (12 reps)
2. Alternating Front Raises and Lateral Raises (16 reps)
3. Halo + Alternating Lateral Lunge (14 reps)
8 Best Leg and Shoulder Exercises with Dumbbells
Alternating Squat Thruster
Targets: Legs, glutes, hamstring, quads, hips, shoulders, abs and core.
Squat thrusts can add a cardio component to your leg exercises, growing your coronary heart fee.
How To Do An Alternating Squat Thruster
- Start standing, ft shoulder-width aside, knees barely bent. Hold one dumbbell in every hand at your shoulders (front-rack place, overhand grip, palms dealing with in).
- With your weight in your heels, sit your hips again as you decrease right into a squat, striving for a 90-degree angle between your hips and knees.
- Then, drive by your heels, squeezing your glutes to face tall. As you stand, carry out a single arm squat thruster, urgent the dumbbell in your proper hand straight overhead.
- Bring the load again all the way down to shoulder top and carry out one other squat.
- This time, as you stand, alternate to carry out a squat and single arm thruster on the left arm.
Modification: Option to observe Rachel, on the left, and maintain one dumbbell horizontally at your chest; performing a squat thruster with one dumbbell.
Targets: Arms, shoulders, triceps, rear delts and higher again muscular tissues (with some help from the decrease physique).
How To Do A Push Press
- Stand with ft shoulder-width aside, slight bend in your knees, holding one dumbbell in every hand at your shoulders; palms dealing with in in direction of one another (impartial grip).
- Drop right into a shallow squat; a couple of 2-inch dip. Then press by your heels, and push the dumbbells overhead till arms are totally prolonged. Think of peeking your head by your arms as you lock out the dumbbells overhead (elbows totally prolonged).
- Lower dumbbells all the way down to beginning place at shoulder-level and repeat.
One Dumbbell Overhead Alternating Reverse Lunge
Targets: Legs, hamstrings, quads, gluteus maximus, shoulders, traps, abs and core.
Holding one dumbbell overhead all through this motion actually enhance muscle activation; a real stability train.
How To Do An Alternating Reverse Lunge + Overhead Dumbbell Hold
- Start standing, ft shoulder-width aside, knees barely bent. Hold one dumbbell in your proper hand overhead, elbow locked out and bicep by ear. Option to carry the dumbbell in your proper hand at your shoulder (entrance rack place, overhand grip, palm dealing with in).
- Keeping the load in your proper hand straight overhead, step your proper leg again right into a reverse lunge, reducing your hips till each knees attain a 90-degree angle, entrance thigh parallel to the bottom.
- Then squeeze your left leg glute, driving your again, proper leg ahead as you rise up again to the beginning place.
- Then, step your left leg again right into a reverse lunge, reducing your hips till each knees attain a 90-degree angle, entrance thigh parallel to the bottom. Keep the load in your proper hand overhead your entire time.
- Repeat, alternating the reverse lunge whereas maintaining the dumbbell held overhead your entire set. Switch the dumbbell to the left hand on the subsequent set.
Modification: Option to observe Rachel, on the left, and hold the dumbbell in a entrance rack place at shoulder top.
45-Degree Dumbbell Press
Targets: Chest (pecs), shoulders (deltoid muscular tissues), triceps, abs and core.
A real higher physique ‘push exercise’ concentrating on your higher physique push muscular tissues — chest, shoulders and triceps.
How To Do a 45-Degree Dumbbell Press
- Start standing, ft shoulder-width distance aside, knees barely bent. Hold one dumbbell vertically in entrance of your chest, arms stacked on high of one another.
- As you exhale, press the dumbbell out straight in entrance of your face at a 45-degree angle, striving to completely straighten your arms.
- Then, decrease the dumbbell again all the way down to the beginning place with management and repeat.
Staggered Deadlift + Dumbbell Snatch
Targets: Legs, glutes, hamstrings, hips, shoulders, decrease again and deep transverse stomach muscular tissues (core).
An explosive full physique train concentrating on the posterior chain or bottom of the physique.
How To Do A Staggered Deadlift + Dumbbell Snatch
- Stand with ft hip-width aside, knees barely bent. Hold one dumbbell in your left hand at your hip, palm dealing with in in direction of your physique.
- Stagger your ft, so your proper leg is barely in entrance of your left foot. Kickstand your again left foot, left heel floating off the bottom. Keep 80% of your weight in your entrance foot, 20% in your again left toe.
- Maintain a staggered stance as you hinge on the hips. Pushing your hips again in direction of the wall behind you as you glide the dumbbell down the entrance of your leg; core tight.
- Drive by your entrance proper heel to push your hips ahead, bringing the torso upright and returning to a standing place. Pull the dumbbell again up in direction of your hip as you stand tall.
- Then, carry out one other staggered deadlift, hinging ahead on the hips, pushing your hips.
- This time as you stand, drive your hips ahead and ‘snatch’ the load overhead along with your left arm (utilizing the ability and momentum created by your legs and hips).
- As you stand tall, carry the left foot parallel to the entrance proper foot. You ought to end standing tall along with your left arm straight overhead; lock out your elbow.
- With management, decrease the dumbbell again all the way down to shoulder top. That’s one rep. Find the staggered stance once more and repeat.
Uneven Push Up + Shoulder Tap
Targets: Chest, shoulders, triceps, again, abs, obliques and core muscular tissues.
How To Do An Uneven Push Up + Shoulder Tap
- Start in a excessive plank place along with your shoulders stacked over your wrists. Place your left hand on the pinnacle of a steady dumbbell. Feet hip-width aside.
- Hold this excessive plank place, sustaining a straight line along with your physique, gaze barely in entrance of you.
- Slowly decrease your chest down in direction of the bottom as your elbows fall again in direction of your physique (not out to the edges).
- Once on the backside of your push up, exhale as you push again up into excessive plank place.
- Then, carry out a single-sided shoulder faucet by tapping the left shoulder with the correct hand. That’s one rep. Repeat, switching sides on the subsequent set.
Modification: Option to take the push ups out of your knees. You might pop to your toes for the shoulder faucet, or take the shoulder faucet from the knees as properly. Alternatively, carry out incline push ups by inserting your arms on a chair or bench.
Targets: Legs, quads, hamstrings, outer glutes (gluteus medius), inside thighs (adductors), hips and core.
How To Do A Lateral Lunge
- Start standing, ft hip-width aside, barely bent knees. Hold one dumbbell in every hand at your sides, palms dealing with in.
- Step your proper leg out to the aspect as you push your hips again, bending your proper knee whereas leaving your left leg straight. Think of performing a single leg squat along with your proper leg whereas your left leg stays straight. Dumbbells body the correct foot with knees and toes pointing ahead.
- Then, drive off your proper foot to reverse the motion, pushing again to middle.
- Repeat, stepping out to the correct for this complete set, switching sides on the subsequent set.
Modification: Option to carry one dumbbell horizontally at your chest.
Alternating Front Raise to Lateral Raise
Targets: Anterior and lateral deltoids (shoulders), higher again (traps), arms, abs and obliques.
How To Do An Alternating Dumbbell Front Raise to Lateral Raise
- Start standing, ft hip-width aside, barely bent knees. Hold one dumbbell in every hand proper in entrance of your quads, palms dealing with in.
- Perform a dumbbell entrance increase by lifting your dumbbells out in entrance of you, elevating the dumbbells to shoulder stage.
- With management, decrease the dumbbells again all the way down to the beginning place.
- Then, carry out a dumbbell lateral increase by lifting the dumbbells straight out to your sides, once more to shoulder top.
- With management, decrease the dumbbells again all the way down to the beginning place.
- Continue, alternating a entrance shoulder increase and a lateral shoulder increase for your entire set.