An at-home, FULL BODY HIIT exercise with weights that features 9 of my favourite energy and HIIT workouts! This full-body exercise alternates dumbbell energy coaching workouts with HIIT cardio workouts to construct muscle and burn energy.
I like energy and HIIT exercises as a result of they’re environment friendly and EFFECTIVE.
Oftentimes when you consider a HIIT exercise, you assume body weight workouts solely, like this 15-Minute HIIT Cardio Workout.
While body weight HIIT exercises are efficient and may be completed wherever (no fitness center gear wanted), I like so as to add dumbbells for a energy and HIIT exercise. Combining heavy energy coaching with HIIT cardio will show you how to burn muscle AND burn energy.
If you’re on the lookout for a full physique exercise that’s going to get your coronary heart pumping whereas pushing you to select up heavy dumbbells, do this one.
Interested in a excessive depth energy coaching program designed that will help you construct muscle, burn fats AND practice like an athlete at dwelling? Try my FREE 2-Week HIITStrong Program (14 days of excessive depth energy coaching)!
HIIT Workout FAQs
HIIT (high-intensity interval coaching) is all about effectivity. You exert most effort throughout work intervals adopted by transient relaxation intervals. So it’s an intense exercise. HIIT rapidly raises your coronary heart fee and is nice for burning energy, each throughout and after the HIIT routine.
The greatest HIIT workouts are complicated, full physique workouts that construct energy whereas elevating your coronary heart fee. Think squats and squat thrusters, lunges, deadlifts, push ups, kettlebell swings and chops. You’ll discover all of those full physique workouts on this 20-minute HIIT exercise.
Strength coaching is vital for elevated muscle definition, weight reduction and improved bone and joint well being. HIIT coaching with weights can burn fats and energy each throughout and after the exercise, construct muscle, and enhance coronary heart well being.
YES. They’re a few of the handiest exercises you are able to do, in a brief period of time. The effectivity is without doubt one of the main advantages of HIIT coaching – HIIT circuits usually are 20 minutes or below and are nonetheless efficient for fats loss and conditioning. HIIT workouts additionally enhance endurance and muscle definition (American Council on Exercise).
Full Body HIIT Workout For Women
Nine of my favourite HIIT workouts with weights to construct muscle and burn fats at dwelling.
This complete physique exercise combines giant, compound actions that have interaction a number of main muscle teams. The consequence, a complete 20-minute at dwelling exercise that’s scalable for health rookies to superior athletes.
I counsel including this fast HIIT exercise to your weekly exercise routine 1-2 occasions every week.
I’m utilizing 15 lb dumbbells.
Follow together with the guided 20-Minute Full Body HIIT Workout for Women on YouTube led by licensed private coach Lindsey Bomgren.
Your HIIT Workout Looks Like This:
- 9 Full Body HIIT Exercises
- Timed Intervals (45 seconds of labor per train, adopted by 15 seconds relaxation)
- Repeat All 9 Exercises x2 Sets (alternating proper/left aspect as wanted)
Note: the exercise begins with a brief guided heat up, however if you happen to want an extended heat up I counsel doing this 10-Minute Dynamic Warm Up: Mobility and Cardio.
HIIT Workout For Women Outline
1. Lunge and Squat Thruster
2. Push Up and Single Arm Row
3. Burpee and Alternating Single Arm Snatch
4. Single Leg Deadlift and Overhead Press
5. Wood Chop Swing
6. Leg Lowers and Tricep Extensions
7. Front/Back Squat Jump and Bicep Curl
8. Squat and Bicep Curl and Shoulder Press
9. Lateral Shuffles
9 Full Body HIIT Exercises for Women At Home
Lunge and Squat Thruster
Targets: Legs, hamstrings, quads, glutes, shoulders, traps, abs and core.
With correct kind, squat thrusts can add a cardio factor to your energy coaching exercise routine, rising your coronary heart fee.
How To Do A Lunge and Squat Thruster
- Start standing, toes shoulder-width aside, knees barely bent. Hold one dumbbell in every hand at your shoulders in a front-rack place, overhand grip, palms dealing with in.
- Step your proper leg again right into a reverse lunge, decreasing your hips till each knees attain a 90-degree angle, entrance thigh parallel to the bottom.
- Squeeze your left leg glute, driving your again, proper leg ahead as you get up again to the beginning place.
- Then, step your left leg again right into a reverse lunge, decreasing your hips till each knees attain a 90-degree angle, entrance thigh parallel to the bottom. Again, squeeze your proper leg glute, driving your again, left leg ahead as you get up again to the beginning place.
- Then, along with your weight in your heels, sit your hips again as you decrease right into a squat, striving for a 90-degree angle between your hips and knees.
- Then, drive via your heels, squeezing your glutes to face tall. As you stand, carry out a squat thruster, urgent the dumbbells overhead.
- That’s one rep. Lower the dumbbells to your shoulders and repeat for the timed interval.
Modification: Option to maintain the dumbbells at your sides somewhat than entrance racked at shoulder top.
Push Up and Single Arm Row
Targets: Back, chest, shoulders, triceps, abs, obliques and core muscle tissue.
How To Do A Push Up and Single Arm Row
- Start in a excessive plank place along with your shoulders stacked over your wrists. Place your left hand flat on the mat and your proper hand on a steady dumbbell. Pull your kneecaps up in direction of your stomach, toes hip-width aside.
- Hold this plank place, sustaining a straight line along with your physique, gaze barely in entrance of you.
- Slowly decrease your chest down in direction of the bottom as your elbows fall again in direction of your hips (not out to the perimeters).
- Once on the backside of your push up, exhale as you push again up into excessive plank place.
- Once you’re within the excessive plank place, carry out a single arm dumbbell row on the suitable by pulling your proper elbow as much as meet your proper rib cage; squeezing your again and holding your shoulder down and again.
- Control the dumbbell again all the way down to the beginning place. That’s one rep.
- Repeat this sequence of a push up and single arm row for the timed interval. Switch sides, performing the only arm row on the left for the second set.
Modification: Option to take the push ups and rows out of your knees or add an incline by putting your arms on a chair or bench.
Burpee and Alternating Single Arm Snatch
Targets: Full physique with an emphasis on the legs, hamstrings, hips, glutes, again, shoulders, abs and core muscle tissue.
Burpees have been named the most effective fat-burning HIIT workouts, however add a dumbbell snatch and you actually enhance the depth.
How To Do A Burpee and Alternating Single Arm Snatch
- Start standing, toes shoulder-width aside, knees barely bent. Hold one dumbbell in your proper hand at your aspect (palm dealing with in).
- Hinge ahead on the hips, pushing your hips again as you decrease the dumbbell down the entrance of your physique. You ought to really feel a stretch behind your legs (hamstrings).
- Place the dumbbell on the bottom in entrance of you (between your toes) and carry out a burpee. Placing your arms on the mat and leaping your toes again right into a excessive plank place.
- Jump your toes again in, touchdown with the dumbbell between your toes. Grab the dumbbell along with your left hand and ‘snatch’ the burden overhead along with your left arm (utilizing the facility and momentum created by your legs and hips). You ought to end standing tall along with your left arm straight overhead; lock out your elbow.
- With management, decrease the dumbbell again all the way down to shoulder top.
- That’s one rep. Repeat for the timed interval, alternating the arm that performs the overhead snatch.
Modification: Perform a strolling burpee and deadlift get up somewhat than a burpee snatch. Option so as to add an incline by putting your arms on a chair or bench and performing burpees from an incline. Additional choice to omit the burpee and carry out alternating snatches.
Single Leg Deadlift and Overhead Press
Targets: The posterior chain (bottom of physique) — glutes, hamstrings, hips, decrease again and core muscle tissue in addition to the biceps and shoulders.
How To Do A Single Leg Deadlift and Press
- Start standing with toes hip-width aside, knees bent. Transfer your weight into your left foot and kickstand or float your proper foot off the bottom. Balancing in your left leg, holding a dumbbell in your proper hand.
- With your left knee bent, hinge at your hips (hip flexors), extending your proper leg lengthy behind you as you decrease the dumbbell down the entrance of your physique; balancing in your left leg. Keep your hips sq. to the mat.
- You ought to really feel an excellent stretch in your left hamstring (again of your left leg) on the backside of this motion.
- Then drive via your entrance left heel, squeezing your glutes and hamstrings to push your hips ahead. As you achieve this, curl the dumbbell as much as shoulder top, then carry out a single arm press by urgent the dumbbell in your proper hand overhead, proper bicep close to proper ear.
- As you press the dumbbell overhead, carry out a knee drive on the suitable knee, persevering with to steadiness on the left leg.
- That’s one rep. Switch sides on the subsequent set.
Modification: Option to carry out a double leg deadlift or staggered stance deadlift right into a single leg knee drive and overhead press.
Wood Chop Swing and Jack
Targets: Legs, hip adductors (internal thighs), arms, shoulders, again, abs, obliques and core.
Wood chops hold your again and core robust and steady whereas additionally enhancing muscular and cardio endurance.
How To Do A Wood Chop Swing and Jack
- Stand along with your toes wider than shoulders, knees barely bent.
- Hold one dumbbell vertically in each arms, arms stacked on prime of one another.
- Raise the dumbbell overhead, then “jack” your legs out as you “chop” the dumbbell down your physique between your legs.
- With management, “jack” your legs again in as you swing the dumbbell again overhead to return to the staring place and repeat this sample.
Modification: Make this low impression by omitting the jack.
Leg Lowers and Tricep Extensions
Targets: Triceps (again of the arms), decrease abs, higher abs, hip flexors and core.
How To Do Leg Lowers and Tricep Extensions
- Lie in your again, holding a dumbbell horizontally in each arms, dumbbell prolonged straight overhead. Legs are additionally prolonged lengthy above you, slight bend within the knees.
- Engage your core. With management, decrease your legs to the ground. As you achieve this, carry out a tricep extension by bending on the elbows to decrease the dumbbell down in direction of your face.
- Exhale as you utilize your abs to drag the legs again whereas concurrently urgent the dumbbell again overhead, straightening the arms.
Modification: Option to shorten the vary of movement by bending the knees, tapping the bottom along with your toes. You may also carry out a glute bridge and cranium crushers or standing tricep extensions.
Front/Back Squat Jump and Bicep Curl
Targets: The lengthy (outer) head of the biceps, and the brief (internal) head of the biceps in addition to the legs, glutes, hamstrings, quads and calves.
How To Do A Front/Back Squat Jump and Bicep Curl
- Start standing in an athletic stance, toes wider than shoulder-width distance aside, slight bend within the knees. Place a set of dumbbells between your toes.
- Perform a squat hop to the entrance of your mat by bending on the knees to decrease down right into a squat place, then exploding up in a squat leap, propelling your self ahead. Land softly to guard your joints.
- As quickly as you land, carry out a squat leap to the again of your mat, touchdown softly within the place you began in.
- Reach all the way down to seize the dumbbells and carry out a normal bicep curl, squeezing your bicep muscle to curve the weights as much as shoulder-height as you exhale and stand tall.
- With management, slowly decrease the dumbbells all the way down to the bottom and repeat this sequence.
Modification: Option to make this low impression by stepping ahead and again somewhat than leaping. Or carry out a sumo squat an bicep curl.
Squat and Bicep Curl and Shoulder Press
Targets: Legs, glutes, quads, arms, biceps, shoulders, abs and core.
How To Do A Squat and Bicep Curl and Shoulder Press
- Start standing, toes shoulder-width aside, knees bent. Hold one dumbbell in every hand at your sides (palms dealing with in).
- Sit your hips again as you decrease right into a squat, striving for a 90-degree angle between your hips and knees.
- Then, drive via your heels to face tall (legs straight).
- As you stand, carry out a normal bicep curl to overhead shoulder press. Squeeze your bicep muscle tissue to curve the weights as much as shoulder top, palms dealing with in in direction of your shoulder. Then, flip your palms out as you press each arms overhead performing a dumbbell shoulder press.
- Lower the dumbbells again to the beginning place and repeat the sequence for the timed interval.
Targets: Calves, glutes, quads, hamstrings, hip flexors and core.
An amazing side-to-side motion that will increase coordination, agility and raises your coronary heart fee.
How To Do Lateral Shuffles
- Start in an athletic stance, toes hip-width aside and knees bent.
- Perform two giant shuffles to the suitable aspect of your mat. On the ultimate shuffle, bend your knees, bringing your left hand all the way down to faucet the mat.
- Then, carry out two giant shuffles to your left. On the ultimate shuffle, faucet down in direction of the mat along with your proper hand.